Collection Dates, Series #1 1941 - 1966
The Cariboo Gold Quartz Hospital was built in 1935 by the Wells Townsite Company - a subsidiary of the Cariboo Gold Quartz Mining Company. The three storey hospital was located high on Island Mountain, overlooking the town. Thw hospital opened on January 2nd, 1936 and served the town and ‘Quartz’ employees until 1967 when it shut down with the CGQ mine. The first CGQ Hospital physician was Dr. Sutherland. Mrs. Briggs served as the first matron.
Scope and Contents
There are 26 Series to this record group.