Miners Union Building, wpH46

View of Pooley street towards Island Mountain Mines, first building on right is Miner's Union building. wpH46

Miners Union Building

This building was originally a Chinese Laundry. In 1944, it became the Miners Union Hall. Miners from both the Cariboo Gold Quartz and the Island Mountain Mine were represented.

From 1974 onwards it was converted into the Wells Museum. The tractor in front of the museum was used by Fred Wells to drive an air compressor into Cow Mountain. It was the Wells Museum from 1974 to 1998.

Home IconReturn to Tour