Collection Dates, Series #1 of 1 1933 - 1977
Joe Wendle was born in 1871 and came to Barkerville in 1895. He was involved in many mining ventures, including Cartboo Consolidated, LaFontaine and the Hard Up Claim. A great outdoorsman, he guided many hunting trips from his lodge at Bowron Lake. It was primarily through his initiative that Bowron Lake became a protected area. He and his wife Elisabeth lived at Bowron Lake and in Barkerville until Joe’s death in 1963.
Scope and Contents
This collection consists various books and Manuals
In this Series:
1. = Books
(9) Manual of the Vancouver Stock Exchange 1933, 1935, 1937-39,
1946, 1947, 1948, 1952-53
(2) Cariboo Lodge Barkerville, BC (Freemasons) 1966
(1) Catalogue of Important and Rare Books on Ornithology 1935
From the library of E.C. Stuart Baker
(1) Slabs, Scabs, and Skidders - A History of the IWA, Bernsohn 1977?
(1) The Improved Sunbeam Wood Burning Cabinet Heater (pamphlet) No date
(1) Small 3-ring binder with alphabetized dividers (not used) No date
(1) Geology and Mineral Deposits of the Bridge River Map-area, 1922